I was born in Tahiti on July 12, 1998. I live in Punaauia, in Tahiti, French Polynesia. I am in final year of high school in sciences, in the “Surf Espoir” section at the Lycée of Papara. I started surfing at three years old in my father’s school, Tura’i Mataare, which is the first surf school created in Tahiti.
I have 3 surf training per week with Hira Teriinatoofa (2X World Champion ISA) and with my father Olivier Napias (BEES 2nd degree), who are the two coaches of the “Surf Espoir” section in French Polynesia.
I have been competing in the local championship since 2008 and I have been traveling every year since 2011 in Australia on the Gold Coast to train and compete.
I go every year to Hawaii on the North Shore since 2008 to improve myself in the big waves. Since 2014, I have started participating in Junior Pro across Europe (WLS Tour).
MY FAVORITE SPOTS
Teahupoo, Taapuna and Haapiti in Tahiti, Pipeline and Sunset in Hawaii, and Snapper Rock in Australia.
MY STATS & RESULTS
Short term :
- Get my diploma at the end of June
- Win the local Championship in the junior category
- Participate at the QS in Rangiroa and Papara in April 2016
- Win the Taap’s Junior in May 2016
- Win the Tahiti Junior Cup at Teahupoo in June 2016
Medium term :
- Participate at all European Junior competitions
- Participate at some QS in Europe
- Participate at the ISA World Junior Championship
- Integrate the WCT Circuit of the world surf elite, the 32 best surfers in the world
- Become WCT World Champion