Of course the fastest way to progress is to learn how to surf with a surf school. You start with the right board for you, on a spot chosen for your level, and with a qualified and experienced instructor. You get more benefits with a surf school than starting alone.
However, you have to pick your surf school wisely !
5 good reasons to choose the Tura’i Mataare Surf School
1) Because there are many differences between surfing and bodyboarding, and surf has to be learned with surfers
Olivier NAPIAS, coach of the tahiti surf school TURA’I MATAARE, is active since 1995, he’s the only BEES 2nd level of French Polynesia. He’s the coach of the “Surf Espoir” section of the lycée of Papara. He shares his passion, his experience, and his proven pedagogical methods that have helped many beginners and champions. For example, Michel BOUREZ, Alain RIOU, Steven PIERSON, and his son, Eliot NAPIAS, champion of Tahiti junior 2016, have been Olivier’s students, with the surf school Tura’i Mataare.
2) The equipment used includes a range of eight different board sizes, in perfect condition and regularly renewed. Soft boards and hard boards are responding to the physiological and experience differences of each student. Thus, the progression is optimal and safe.
3) Transportation is from Punaauia to Mahina with the famous yellow trucks of the surf school. Both trucks are in perfect condition and provide the necessary security and comfort during the round trips. For security reasons, the surf boards are carried on the roof or at the back of the trucks, and not inside between the seats on the students’ heads.
4) During the surf lessons, students are grouped according to age and level. Children, teenagers and adults appreciate the good atmosphere. One or two instructors are joining Olivier, depending on the number of students for a better quality and security in the water.
5) On september 2015 during surf lessons, an unexpected control made by the agents of the Directorate of Youth and Sports has confirmed the quality and the security of the TURA’I MATAARE surf school in Tahiti.
Think about these important points when choosing a surf school for your kids in Tahiti.